Thursday, June 02, 2005

O.C./D.C.

Last night, in the build up to the season finale of Desperate Housewives, I passed the time watching "The O.C" with my housemates.

I’ve watched one episode previous to this, and so the only value I could add was repetitive comments of “She’s fit” whenever anything female appeared on screen.

However, although I am a fickle whore, one particular lady caught my eye. A lady who satisfies every facet of the strict criteria I’ve laid down to allow love to enter my life (see later). I have fulfilled the vow I made on the grave of a previous relationship to rid my life of the emptiness that haunts my existence. Those who have known me for the last couple of years will appreciate the significance of this announcement:

I’ve finally found the fit bird in comics.

Her name is Reed, and I love her – scratch that, I’m in love with her. She’s 23 (my lucky number – seriously!) and beautiful, and to quote “thinks Iron Man’s original armour is better than his Ultimate armour”. She also thinks Seth could be “the next Brian Bendis”, and wades in on the “Storm vs. Cyclops” debate.

Let’s snap back to reality (oh, there goes gravity). My bond with Reed is an imaginary story. But there must be an Earth-Prime Equivalent. So, I re-issue the challenge which has dominated every waking hour (all two of them) since Saturday 24th May 2003 when entering the main hall of the UK Comics Festival in Bristol: If you read more than 10 titles a week (preferably D.C), are female, objectively attractive, support Thanagar and live in London (though not exclusively- anywhere in the world would be considered) then please drop me a line.

Many thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home