Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Back once again...

...with the ill behaviour, with the ill behaviour, with the ill behaviour...
Well, exam went OK. I hope to God it’s my last one. Especially as I don’t seem to have the energy for it anymore. I’m 26, and my mind is a mushy pulp already. Tremendous.

Three hours is far too long to have to think hard about something you have no interest in whatsoever. I got half-way through the paper and then felt my mind start to wander. It took the mental powers of Maxwell Lord (hopefully his demise is no omen for my performance – maybe I should have used a different metaphor!) to get my mind on track. I had to keep repeating Batman’s response when Dr. Destiny (in JL animated) points out that Batman has no super-powers. “Oh, I have one thing” he replies, “I never give up.”

That used to be my mantra back in the day. In the previous study session I would start off each day by writing it out five times. But ironically, the Bat proves as much an inspiration as a distraction as I tend to spend half the day doodling Bat-symbols of various kinds. This then leads to a general free-for-all centring around the JLA’s insignias. Stupid Martian Manhunter – why have you no logo? Still, it means I don’t have to dispose of the paper in the “confidential waste” bin, like I do when I start doodling other things that cross my mind when you’re alone with nothing else to think about…

Thanks to Spider-Sam for running the site so brilliantly in my absence, and thanks to Rheiny and Dan for reading and commenting. We’ve had a lot of spam comments recently, some of which have been deleted, and some which have been kept because I think they are brilliant and so completely random- I can’t wait for one about wang enhancement! Also, because it makes it look like we’re loved. As the disgusting tramp woman says in the Simpsons when asked if she wants to make out with a guy who she has just loudly abused as being a Devil Dog, “Nobody wants to be alone.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home