Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Classic DC

While in my hotel room in Edinburgh I’ve been listening to Classic FM to make myself feel colonial and opulent. During my aural perusal, I’ve heard this advert for Classic FM at the Movies:

We’ve got Superman (cue Superman music by John Williams)…

We’ve got Batman (cue Batman Begins music by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard)…

We’ve even got Wonder Woman (cue voice of woman who presents something – I don’t even think it is the presenter of the “Classic FM at the Movies” show, unless Simon Bates has gotten himself a sexy female voice)

Do they even realise the significance of mentioning the DC Holy Trinity? Probably not, but Batman would approve – listening to classical music is meant to make you more intelligent, and self-improvement is one of the main man’s key traits. Take heed, children.

Notice that the advert doesn’t say:

“We’ve got Nova, we’ve got Annex, we’ve even got John Carter – Warlord of Mars…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home