Thursday, July 07, 2005

7/7

When I started this blog, I wanted to talk about comics, and specifically my life through comics. No politics, religion or other subjects less important than the funny books.

However, as I live in, work in and love London I felt it would be inappropriate to neglect today’s events, just like Marvel didn’t neglect the Twin Towers incident in Amazing Spiderman #36.

The day after the fantastic news the London has won the Olympic Games – the closest thing we have on this planet to an exhibition of super-heroics – has come a day of fear and tragedy co-ordinated by cowards, whoever they may be.

One thing comics have a lot of is violence, but in the real world no violence can be tolerate by rational men.

The people responsible for these crimes must be brought to justice – notice the words “the people responsible” and not “people who look like the people responsible”. They must be made to pay for their crimes and in the process may all people be brought together in this most cosmopolitan of cities to show their strength to the world. Let those who worship evil’s might beware the power of the London’s light...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bat-Mac said...

Yes I am.

Obviously I have the detective skills (from owning 200+ issues of "Detective comics") and the training (I went for a 3km run last week), I just need some triple-weave Nomex and we're sorted.

I was caught up in the travel chaos while travelling through the centre, but that is (obviously) nothing compared to the loss of life, injuries and trauma which have taken place.

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home