Monday, August 15, 2005

Free Comments Day III - Green Spanner

As I've said before, I frequently post comments at one of my favourite blogs, The Absorbascon. As you may also be aware, I believe that Kyle Rayner is the one, true Green Lantern.
Recently, Scipio (keeper of the Absorbascon) has been running a series of articles pointing out that Hal Jordan, the Silver Age Green Lantern, is a a sexist pompous, overconfident jackass.
I agree. And I told everyone so here.
Except I embarrassed myself by getting my facts wrong. Stupid Hal.
However, it did result in me writing inadvertently something brilliant which shall become a motto for me as Batman takes a panning in the DCU over the next few months, under the watchful-eye of Bat-hater Geoff Johns:
Batman is merely misunderstood. It's a man's game and if the other "heroes" can't hack the pace, that's their problem.
I'm going to keep telling myself this as Batman's ego continues to take down everything so many have worked so hard to build. As Wonder Woman says in an upcoming issue, "When you have the wisdom of Athena, self-delusion is difficult, but not impossible.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home