Monday, July 11, 2005

Bat-sleep


A rather uninteresting and embarrassing post, but an event I need to document anyway.

Last night, on the first night of my 2 month stay in Edinburgh, I went to the cinema to watch Batman Begins again, with the sole intention of trying to figure out the plot.

The screen was massive and there were very few chimps in the auditorium so I settled down to relax and enjoy the best Batman film ever made.

Then I fell asleep half-way through.

I kinda remember parts of the film. The first time I fell asleep was during a conversation between Falcone and Crane – ironically the first conversation the expounded on the plot.

At this point, I should have left the cinema and gone to bed but I battled on. I caught some of the Bat-tank’s chase to the cave. I missed the entirety of the Wayne Manor scenes that end up in it being burnt down. I was fully awake for the last fifteen minutes though, so was still able to be thoroughly disgusted by Bruce not saving Ra’s and letting him plummet to “death” as the train goes off the tracks.

My passing out is not representative of how high I regard the film. I was pretty exhausted yesterday. I’ll just have to go and see it again, this time with a packet of Pro-Plus just in case!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bat-Mac said...

Thanks Sam. It took me a while to realise I could listen to the quote through the link. Once I did though, my life improved considerably.

On a related note, check out my next post.

Welcome to King Asoc - thanks for the info on Batman vs. Dracula. "The Batman" premiered last night on Toonami but sadly I have no access to that in Edinburgh, and I would be interested in your thoughts on it. However, on a happier note, I have just eaten a pie.

Pie be your pie.

2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home