Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Homer: Stop the madness! Start the movie! Lisa: Maybe we should try to calm Dad down. Bart: I prefer to egg him on.Hey Dad,has the movie started yet?

I’m being encouraged by Scipio to purchase the comics shop.

This is how these things happen. It’s how I bought my decks, which currently lie unused hundreds of miles away in a friend’s bedroom. I suggest an idea to myself, get egged into it by others, then talk about it so much I feel I have to carry it through, because I now have an oral contract with everyone who I discussed it with.

There is a difference though: Cost of decks £360. Cost of comic shop £50,000. Cost of future revenue from resigning from very well-paid current job – Priceless.

It’s quite ironic because, if I won the EuroMillions lottery, or found a few million pounds in the street that had fallen out of the Queen’s pocket, or had bet £100,000 on Exeter City to beat Doncaster Rovers 2-1 in the second round of last season’s FA Cup at 11-1 odds, then I would buy this shop immediately as it is exactly the sort of thing I have said I would love to do with my time – read, talk, buy and sell comics all day.

The more I think about it, the more I want to throw caution to the wind and just do it.

Err…maybe when the student loan is paid off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home